Tuesday, March 24, 2015

ULD - Easter Canvas

Ivy back with you today to share this Easter canvas project using 
for your custom laser engraved wood, chipboard and cork embellishments.    




I'm beginning with a 3x3 mini canvas and I will be using mini Butterfly,  BirdsBunnies & Easter Eggs.

I applied gesso to all the pieces.

On the Easter Egg, I used Distress Paints, different color for each section then I set them aside to dry.


Distress inks used to cover half of the canvas with Salty Ocean (sky) and on the other half, I lightly blended in Spun Sugar.  

Using a butterfly stencil, I applied Liquitex Matte Super Heavy Gel to the upper left corner of the canvas and set it aside to dry.

I painted the bunny with white acrylic paint and used my Copic Pens to color the bunny's ears, eye and the bird.


As I went on with my project, I decided to add the Butterfly embellishment.

I decided to use glossy accent to adhere the Micro Beads onto the Easter Egg, as well as the Butterfly below.

Below I used the white liquid applique for the bunny's tail.

Using a heat tool, I puffed out the the tail.  
(be careful not to burn the liquid appliqué if you plan on using it)

Using Flower Soft, (pink and yellow) I created the foreground adhering it with the flower soft glue.

I'm in love at how it all came together.

Added some pastel colored seeds that came out of a floral arrangement, some clear rhinestones held it all together with glossy accent.
I used the Distress Ink, Salty Ocean and lightly went over the stencil which made it pop out.  

For more inspiration visit our blog.


Supplies Used:
3x3 canvas, gesso, white acrylic paint, matte super heavy gel, distress paint, distress ink, blending tool, glossy accent, flower soft, flower soft glue, liquid applique, micro beads, butterfly stencil, heat tool, copic pens, pastel flower seeds, clear rhinestones.

1 comment: