Thursday, March 5, 2015

IRISH COFFEE FOR SOMEONE?

Hi friends, Martha Lucia here with an irish coffee to share with you! Have you see this beautiful clovers and swirls in the Unique Laser Store? I have to tell you that as a Colombian girl, we don't celebrate St. Patrick's but here in the US I saw a lot of ideas that inspired me to create something beautiful for you, so I decided to combine a few cultures in my creation.


I created a frame with a big size, 8"x10". This is perfect to use in our office or kitchen, near to the coffee maker. With this in mind I changed the traditional phrase Kiss Me, I'm Irish with Drink Me, I'm Irish.



These were my main materials, all from our Store. I used a different pieces. The top clover is a beautiful piece of 1"x1" that come in a package of ten and is called Clovers. The little square is a scrap piece from Kennyscrap and the large clover is a Special Order Item from Unique Laser Designs.  

I painted them with Watercolor Green the clovers and the swirls with Yellow Paint, letting them dry for a few minutes.



Then using a Thinlits Little Letters and the big shot , I cut all my letters using the same colors. I pasted the green letter over the yellow a little bit moved to the right to give dimension to each one.


To compliment the decoration of my frame, I stamped a coffee cup with classic Ink Early Espresso over Very Vanilla Cardstock using the stamp set Perfect Blend from Stampin Up. After the image was stamped, I cut it with scissors.



After this, using my Get-It-Straight Laser Square from KellyCraft I aligned all the letters and embellishments over the paper base and pasted them one by one using a liquid glue. I started with the letters and and then with the embellishments.


Here some details of my laser cuts:




Materials:
See you very soon with another Unique idea. Enjoy your Irish Coffee!

No comments:

Post a Comment