Thursday, March 19, 2015

EASTER CARDS

Hi everyone, Martha Lucia here with two Easter cards to share with you. I am using the Easter Eggs to create my cards and of course pastel colors and a few sweet elements that I will show you. Here is my first card:


To make this card I am using the Easter Eggs that come in a package with different designs. This product is available in two sizes and two materials, wood and chipboard. I used the smail size, 1"x1-1/2".


In this opportunity I decided to coloring my pieces with Yasutomo Pearlescent Watercolor Set. I gave a different color to each easter egg.


I painted each egg with a paint brush using the watercolor technique and several coats of pearlescent to accent the color.


After I finalized with my easter eggs, I cut the card base using a piece of Crumb Cake cardstock of 6"x12", a piece of Blushing Bride of 5-3/4"x5-3/4" and a whisper white piece of 5-5/8"x5-5/8" to create the layers.


To decorate the third layer I used a stencil with big dots and blushing bride classic Ink with a sponge.


After this, I cut two pieces of grass using my cricut explore and a photo frame using the On Film framelits.


Now I had all the pieces to put together my first card so I started to assemble the second and third layer, tied two loops of baker twine and pasted the frame and grass over them 


After this, I pasted my easter eggs with a liquid glue and decorated with some paper flowers and stamped my sentiment.





As you will see, I didn't use all the eggs that I colored. So here is the last one in my second card. A clear and simple model that I created using the scraps of my fist card. 


To create this card, I just stamped a border image several times on the bottom part using a Cherry Blossom PowderPuff Chalk Ink. Then I pasted my Easter Egg on top using a liquid glue.




To finalize the decoration I cut a whisper white piece of card stock, I created a border over it using a Edgelits  and stamped my message with Melon Mambo Classic Ink. And I pasted a button on the left side with a bow of bakers twine and a little piece of grass over my Easter Egg.



Materials:

I hope you like these ideas, with these Easter eggs you can create whatever you want, using different techniques ideas.

See you soon with other idea to make together!

Martha Lucia

3 comments:

  1. Martha!!!! I love this card and how you used the eggs! I must get me some of those watercolors! I ordered the ULD gingerbread people to decorate this summer and I think these watercolors are going to be a must have!!!! Stunning job, as usual!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Muy lindo, gracias por el tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Unas tarjetas preciosas, Martha. Me parece estupenda la decoración de esos huevos de madera. Das mucha vida a los productos de UniqueLaser Designs. Felicidades y gracias por el tutorial.

    ReplyDelete