Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Pocket Art! ~ Mixed Media Journal Card Using Unique Laser Designs' Chipboard Embellishments!

Hey everyone!  Project Lifers typically use "filler cards" to fill in empty pockets in their layouts. Today, I thought I would share how I created this 4x6 mixed media journal card for my pocket scrapbooking album. I just love the idea of having a piece of "Pocket Art!" in my layout. Not only is this another opportunity to sharpen my mixed media skills, it is also a beautiful way to give my layout a more 'customized' appearance.

Mixed Media Pocket Art! "Gears in Bloom"
 Let's get started:


Started with at 4x6 Piece of Mixed Media Paper


Used Inktense Pencils to Create the Background

Lightly Misted the Color with Water
and Blended with my Fingers

Stamped Tim Holtz's 'Hot Air Ballon" Stamp
on the Background with Black StazOn Ink

Stamped Traci Bautista's "Creative Flow"
Script Stamp with Blue Archival Ink

Stamped Traci Bautista's "Cardboard"
Stamp with Three Shades of Tim Holtz
Mini Distress Ink

Pulled these Super Cool Chipboard 'Gears'
from my Unique Laser Designs
Embellishment Collection

Distressed the 'Gears' with Antique Gold,
Silver & Bronze Tim Holtz Distress Ink

Adhered the Distressed 'Gears' to the
Background & Created Doodle Flowers
Around them with Tombow Markers

Painted the Petals of the Flowers with
Golden & Dina Wakley Acrylic Paint

Added Detail to the Hot Air Ballon with
Tombow markers and
Tim Holtz Mini Distress Ink & Markers.
Then, I added Bling Rhinestones to the
Center of the 'Gear' Flowers.

Doodled Around the "Gear" Flowers with a
Uni-ball Signo White Pen

Added my "Gears in Bloom" Sentiment
Using October Afternoon "Daily Flash"
Alpha Stickers.
And VOILA'! 

I hope you enjoyed this mixed media "Pocket Art!" tutorial. Don't forget to check out all the new mixed media "Gears" embellishments at Unique Laser Designs!



2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous, Shelley !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THANKS, Shilo! FINALLY got my hands on those "GEARS"! This one was SUPER FUN!

      Delete