Thursday, February 26, 2015

LOVE BIRDS IN A BRANCH CARD

Hi everyone, Martha Lucia here with another fun card to share with you. In February love is in the air, and I found that these Love Birds are perfect for this fact.


To make my card I am using "only" one piece from Unique Laser Designs, I said only because I want to have everything. This is a gorgeous cut called Love Birds, available in wood and chipboard. I used the chipboard presentation.


I decided to give each bird different colors using chalk ink in soft colors. I used the New Collection of PowderPuff Chalk Ink of Quick Quotes in the colors Peach Tree, Latte, Antique Linen and Cherry Blossom from right to the left. For the branch I used two different tones of green Faber Castell PITT Artistic Pen big brushes.


Note that I applied the chalk ink directly to the each bird and I masked each color to avoid any mixing. For the bird beak and eye I used a Crumb Cake Marker, just to intensify the color.


With the same marker I colored the letters that come inside of the Love Birds to made the Kraft color more intensive.

Now that my central piece was finalized, I cut two different borders in Whisper White cardstock using a Leafy Border from Memory Box and Foliage Border from Darice, to use them on the bottom of my card. And for the body of the card I used  a plain cardstock for the base, a designer series paper for the second layer and a third layer of vellum to made the colors of the designer paper more soft.


I assembled all the pieces with snail adhesive and glue dots and finally pasted on top the Love Birds with dimensionals.


To make my card a little more delicate I pasted a few lilac pearls in the center of the flowers of the Designer Series Paper.

Materials:

  • Love Birds - Unique Laser Designs
  • 2015 PowderPuff Chalk Ink - Quick Quotes
  • Faber Castell PITT Artistic Pen
  • Leafy Border - Memory Box
  • Foliage Border - Darice
  • BigShot
  • Cardstock
  • Designer Series Paper
  • Vellum
  • Pearls
  • Snail Adhesive and Dimensional

I hope you like this idea, because working with these laser cuts is very fun and you can create whatever you want, using different techniques and process or simply leaving the cuts in their natural stage.

See you soon with other idea to make together!

Martha Lucia

3 comments:

  1. Un trabajo fabuloso!!!! Esos pájaros me encantan.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gracias Maria Pilar. Me alegra mucho que te gusten y ademas puedes trabajarlos con las letras separadamente y decorarlos igual.

      Delete
  2. BEAUTIFUL, as always Martha! XOXO

    ReplyDelete