Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Hummingbird Tag

Wish I could start this sentence off by saying Spring is in the air, but that's so far from the truth.  Being that winter is in full effect across most of the U.S., I'll just force a bit of Spring on you today. 

 
*I apologize for the shadows you will see in my photos--Winter rain kept me inside*


For this tag I used a Unique Laser Designs custom designed Hummingbird.


I enhanced this beautiful wood design by using two different embossing powders to bring out the details of the Hummingbird.


I carefully used gold on the wings and a soft blue/silver mix on the body of the bird. 
 


 
Now it's time to begin building the dimension of this tag.  My first layer is cheese cloth, pulled and frayed.  Then I used this very pretty Prima packaging. 


Continue to build your layers by adding more scrap pattern paper, drywall tape and cover it all with a thin layer of gesso.  This will create a base to hold your color mist and inks. 


After all of your inks and embellishments have been applied, add gesso to the cluster of flowers to give them a vintage shabby look.



Here's an up close look of that beautiful Hummingbird.
 


Creative Ingredients:
Unique Laser Designs - Custom Hummingbird
Prima Julie Nutting Tag Pad
Ranger Embossing Dabber
Recollections Embossing Powder
Cheese Cloth
Drywall Tape
Various Pattern Paper Scraps
Gesso
Florals
Brads
Bling Flourish
Ranger Liquid Pearls
Heidi Swapp Color Shine
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment