Friday, January 9, 2015

Two Hearts As One

I just "heart" that title. Don't you just feel love in the air? I know it's just January, but I hear the hearts just calling my name. Today I have two projects to share with you to get you in a heartfelt spirit.



 I used cork hearts to embellish both projects. However, I'm going to begin with the layout I created first.


Of course every great project starts with a pile of products to begin the process of layering.


 
After the base layers have been created then we're off to the good part, adding Unique Laser Designs embellishments.

I used the cork embellishments in it's basic state, but added a bit of silver distress stain to portions so that it tie into the other colors used (also for added texture).

Continue to add ink, flowers and your title.


I had this great idea of using the Circle Stencil and cutting only two of the circles to create the look of wedding rings.
 
 
After cutting the individual rings, I covered each of them with Tim Holtz silver distress stain.



 
After the circles were dry, I adhered them to the page and added a tear drop pearl to one ring.
 
Next, I created a masculine valentine card.  

 
We all know men actually love receiving Valentine gifts as well.


For this card I used the same embellIshments as on the layout, but I also used this set of Keys.

 
To distress the key I used a bit of blue color mist and topped it with a splash of silver distress stain, which gave it a rustic look.
 
 
I love this view of the mixed textures, cork, wood, chipboard and grunge paper mixed together.
 


1 comment:

  1. Kisha, just TRIED to count all the layers. Unbelievable gorgeous! Your work simply amazes me!!!

    ReplyDelete