Friday, January 30, 2015

Dream Sequins







Thanks for joining us today at Unique Laser Designs! Today's project is titled Dream Sequins, and I hope it brings you beautiful sweet dreams! I started out with the word "Dream and one piece from the adorable Cupid Set.









I also selected a mini wooden heart, two small daisies, and this simple frame set, and played around with the stacked arrangement until I had the design just right.



 I selected a beautiful pattern paper from Bo Bunny, Prairie Chic Laundry.

I painted the wood and chipboard pieces with acrylic paint in shades of pink, yellow, blue, green and white.
As my pieces were drying, I prepared my card base. I used a crisp white card stock base, cut 6.75 inches wide by 7 inches tall. I cut the patterned paper slightly smaller, then adhered it onto the white card stock base.

Next, I glued and glittered my painted pieces, set them aside to dry, then cut out a few more embellishments out of glitter paper. The Curled Ribbons and the Puffy Clouds are from Memory Box, and the Serendipity Bird Frame is from Poppystamps. I should have taken more photos of the glitter process but there were sparkly incidents and accidents, so I focused instead on the pretty finished details.



Like this! 
Of course, this pretty project could not be titled Dream Sequins without adding a few sparkling sequins in shades of blue! I love how the little cupid looks like a dreamy cloud.

May all your dreams come true!

Live your life in color!








Supplies Used:
Unique Laser Designs: Dream (wood)
Unique Laser Designs: Cupid Set (chipboard)
Unique Laser Designs: mini hearts and daisies
White card stock
Pattern Paper: Bo Bunny, Prairie Chic Laundry
Glitter Paper: white, yellow, blue, green

Memory Box: Curled Ribbons, Puffy Clouds
Poppystamps: Serendipity Bird Frame
Acrylic Paint: blue, white, green, pink and yellow
Glitter: blue, white, green, pink, and yellow
Sequins: mixed blues
Adhesive

4 comments: