Sunday, December 14, 2014

December Daily Journal

 
If you're anything like me when it comes to capturing holiday memories, then you are well into documenting day 14 of your December Daily. I am so excited to share the journal I created to document my days.



This journal is actually a Smash Book I covered using batting and fabric.
 
 
I embellished the journal cover using Unique Laser Designs Wood Snowflakes and the fancy Wood Wreath
 
As pretty as these embellishments are in their natural state, I added a bit of flare to them first. 

 
To alter the snow flakes I first covered each of them with gesso.
 

 
While the gesso is still damp, I sprinkled Martha Stewart Mica Flakes to cover.
 

 
Now lets add some shimmer to the wreath. I started with the bow above the wreath first being that's the darkest color I'll be adding.  To begin, I used Ranger Embossing Dabber and only inked up the bow.
 

 
Next add your choice of embossing powder.  After covering the bow with embossing powder, be sure to clean the spaces you don't want the powder to adhere to.  I used a baby wipe and a fine paint brush to clean off the excess. Now you're ready to heat set the bow before moving on to the wreath portion.
 

 
Again ink emboss the wreath and add your color choice of embossing powder then heat set.
 

 
Time to begin layering on the embellishments.
 


 
Here's an up close view of the wreath and snowflakes as they are layered on the journal cover.
 
I wish you all a safe and Happy Holidays!
 

2 comments: