Friday, December 26, 2014

2015 Sewing Journal

Happy Day after Christmas!!
 
I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas day. Kisha here today to share with you an altered journal I created to keep track of one of my 2015 goals to sew.

 
First, let's start with the Unique Laser Designs products used for the cover of this sewing journal.
 

 
Fancy Dress Form in cork and the Plain Dress Form also in cork
 
 
Circle Stencil in wood and
 


 
For this project I used a chipboard based book with a folded edge.  I will be creating this journal as a stand instead of a flat book (this will make sense in the end).
 

 
I used an actual pattern for texture on the cover before building my layers.

 
I stacked the fancy dressform on top of the plain dressform for dimension.  The fancy dressform was embossed with a shimmering gold embossing powder.


 
For more of a bling look, I used gold stickles on the pair of scissors. This is a process I allow to air dry instead of using my heat gun.


 
Here is the completed look of my 2015 sewing journal. Layered with lots of the necessary items to start my sewing process.
 

 
 

2 comments:

  1. Wow! That's amazing Kisha! How did you apply the pattern tissue?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man, Kisha! Your layering skills are out of this world!!! Omg! OUTSTANDING job!!! :D

    ReplyDelete