Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Reindeer Christmas Card

Greetings my friends! 

This is Elizabeth here to share with you my latest project for Unique Laser Designs using their lovely Reindeer. I decided to leave him in his natural wood state with the exception of….well, you’ll see in a minute!


First, I selected my papers for the card. You’ll see a piece of sweatshirt fabric here with a pretty snow scene image that I decided to use on my card. I’ve had that scrap for who knows how long and it was a piece my husband brought home from work. It had been tossed out so he cut it out of the sweatshirt thinking I might want to use it for something!


I first distressed the edges of my papers and scrunched them up a bit. Then, I fussy cut the image out for my card and then glued it onto my background paper which is from K & Company EB Visions of Christmas Designer Paper Pad. I added some pretty Stickles to it as well as the snowflakes on the paper. After that, I decided to use some of my homemade texture paste to look like snow on the bottom of my card. This recipe was shared in a tutorial by Gabrielle Pollacco. When it dried I added some Star Dust Stickles for shimmer.




I then inked all the edges of my background papers, as well as the edge of the white corrugated cardboard using Tim Holtz Broken China and Faded Jeans Distress Ink.


In this photo you will see that I added a used Bounce dryer sheet to give it more of an appearance of snow mounding! Then I added some more Stickles (Diamond this time).


I wanted my deer to be walking in the snow so I added some texture paste and Stickles to his hooves.




Thought he needed a pretty, Christmas bridle!


Now, to finish off the details…I made a little bow with some bling and cheesecloth underneath for the top corner and stamped the greeting using Impression Obsession’s Christmas Sentiments clear stamp in Tim Holtz Faded Jeans Distress Ink.




And here’s the finished product!


Thank you for stopping by to view my tutorial!

ULD Products:

Other Products Used:
Coredinations Foundations – Silver Pear cardstock
K & Company EB Visions of Christmas Designer Paper Pad
DCWV Luxury Stack Paper Pad
White Corrugated Cardboard
Stickles – Holly, Xmas Red, Icicle, Star Dust, Crystal and Diamond
Tim Holtz Broken China and Faded Jeans Distress Ink
Stampendous Frantage Glass Glitter – Steel Blue
Homemade Texture Paste
Used Bounce Dryer Sheet

Cheesecloth

No comments:

Post a Comment