Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Enchanting Layout

Hi everyone! 

I’m here to share my “Enchanting” layout using the amazing ULD wood embellishments,
 
First, I applied Gesso on the blossoms and leaves of the branch and the entire moon piece.

I used Tsukineko’s Dew Drops Brilliance ink pads in Pearlescent Orchid, Sky Blue, Lavender and Purple using a Q-Tip to color in the fairy’s dress and flowers and Aloe Vera on the leaves. On her skin I used Color Box chalk ink in a pale peach. Then I spread some clear tacky glue and sprinkled glitter on the lanterns, flowers and leaves. On the moon I originally used a yellow ink pad but didn’t like the color so I painted over it with Deco Art’s Champagne Gold Dazzling Metallics paint and then heated it up to give it an embossed look. On the fairy’s hair I used Liquid Pearls in Buttercup. I wanted her wings and dress to shimmer and show the colors through also so I used Reneabouquets Diamond Chunky Glitter Glass and then also added Star Dust Stickles on top of that as well as on the background paper.  To complete the illumination effect, I glued a specialty yarn called Patons Cha Cha salsa yarn I got at our local antique mall on clearance. I love the glowing effect!

For the Cherry Blossom branch I also inked in the blooms and leaves using Tsukineko Aloe Vera and Spanish Olive ink pad on the leaves and Orchid Pastel on the blooms, Star Dust stickles and then Perfect Pearls in Pearl to tone down the color a bit. I left the branches alone for a natural look.


On to the layout….I used a brand new rubber stamp designed by Gabrielle Pollacco aptly named “Gabi’s Daisies Stamp” although for this layout I just used the lattice portion of it. I stamped embossing ink, sprinkled on some Stampendous Frantage Embossing Powder in Shabby Blue and used my heat tool to set it.

For my embellishments I used a 3” doily painting around the edges using a paint brush dipped in a dab of water and then Perfect Pearls mica powder in Bronze. On that I used my square eggshell mosaics I made last year, a lovely filigree metal leaf that was silver to start with that I colored in with Tim Holtz alcohol inks in Stream and Gold Metallic Mixatives. I also used the Stream on the metal butterfly around the edges. The trim you see at the bottom is some I got at a local craft store and the gold piece is from an earring I made several years ago that was silver in color and I painted up with the Perfect Pearls once again in Bronze.

For the leaf design shown here I used Crafters Workshop Mini Vineyard Stencil and just dabbed Tsukineko ink pads in Brilliance Cosmic Copper and Starlite Silver on top of that to tone it down a bit.

For the title, the plate came with a template to trace around a chosen paper. I then handwrote my title with a gold paint pen, glued it in and covered it with Ranger’s Glossy Accents. Unfortunately, it changed the color of the paint so I ended up writing over the top with the gold paint pen.

Here’s a close-up of my “pixie dust” bottle attached to a piece of paper I rolled up and tied off with frilly yarn. This sweet little piece is from Fairy Tale by Bead Treasures that I got at Hobby Lobby. The little tag inside says “Pixie Dust: Sprinkle and think happy thoughts.” The beautiful key next to it is also from Reneabouquets.  I added a few Queen & Company pearls in Teal Blue.

The gorgeous image is from a card I scanned that I’ve had for many years from Leanin’ Tree. It is called “Wishing Pool” and the artist is Mary Baxter St. Clair. I love the painting so much I just can’t seem to part with the card!   The owl on the lower right of the card and the little door plate and key are also Fairy Tale by Bead Treasures. The lovely paper and glittered dragonflies used on this layout are from Reneabouquets.  I added a little Star Dust Stickles to the water and the beautiful fairy’s wings and dress to make her shimmer even more.


And here is the finished product! I worked on this layout off and on for about a week with one full day of experiencing a creative block!! However, I am thrilled with the finished piece and I hope you like it too!Have a wonderful day! 
Hugs, Elizabeth





4 comments: