Friday, November 28, 2014

All is Calm Canvas


Hello again! It's Lee and I'm bringing you your Black Friday Unique Laser Design post. Thanksgiving is over,  Christmas shopping has officially commenced and I believe that it is a good day to share my project, "All is Calm."


I love the snow.  I really love being in a quiet snowy place and I cannot think of a more peaceful setting.  This was the feeling that I was thinking of when I put this canvas together.

The Swirly Christmas Tree was lightly brushed with gesso, leaving some of the wood bare.  I wanted to make the tree look like it was snow covered.  After the tree was dry I gave it some green ink. 



The reindeer was given two separate coats of embossing powder.  The body, head, and ears were covered in a translucent powder and the antlers were covered in gold glitter embossing powder.  The reindeer is shiny and sparkly, but you're going to have to take my word for it.



If you're going to be brave and go shopping today, take a deep breath and remember "All is Calm."  May it bring you a moment of peace.  Good luck out there!







No comments:

Post a Comment