Saturday, October 11, 2014

Vintage Greeting Cards

Fall is in the air and the rustic colors of the season seem to always inspire me. 
Today, I will share with you three vintage greeting cards.

 
Each of these cards were created to have a strong natural look to each of them. Hence the neutral tone of each of the cards. Each card was cut to an A2 size, and embellished with basic kraft, white and grey floral embellishments. All of which ties into the wooden and cork embellishments used.
 

 
On this card I used the Corner A flourish and left it in it's natural state due to the colors used on the card.
 

I just adore this gratitude card, and it's also perfect for the gentlemen in your life. On this card I used the Border Swirl G, which ties into the design from my gratitude stamp. I also used cork Leaf Branches, which are totally awesome to use year round.
 


 
See how perfect the Border Swirl is right underneath the sentiment? The embossed stamping behind the wood adds so much depth to this card and totally brings out the cork and chipboard pieces.
 
 
And for my last card, I added a bit of texture to the focal point...wooden Flourish C.  The texture is glass bead gell with mist of color added after it dried.
 

Although there are floral pieces on this card, it will also fair well as a masculine card.
On this card I used every "bit" of wood from the wooden embellishment.
 


 
Here's a close up of how I scatted the bits from the flourish to fill the card.  I love the partial swirls found on this card. 

Unique Laser Designs Products Used:


 

 

 

 

4 comments:

  1. Kisha, these are gorgeous ! LOVE the Gratitude card - that cork looks fabulous !!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Fabulous cards Kisha!! Love the textures and elements used!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic and beautiful projects. Totally Fab!

    ReplyDelete