Sunday, September 28, 2014

Mixed Media Canvas


Hello there everyone, Heidi back here sharing a gorgeous little 8x8 canvas I made of my eldest daughter and her partner.  Spring has arrived on our side of the world and I wanted to do something bright and bold.




I started off by painting the canvas with some gesso, and then got some Double Scoop Gelato's.  I just love the bright bold colors.  I randomly colored in squares on the canvas using three of four different colored Gelatos and then using a wet wipe blended the colors together.

Once I was happy with the background, I added some texture paste and the diamond stencil on it and did some random stamping using black ink.

I then cut up some circles and squares from some old papers and added them to the canvas to bring in some other bright colors.

For the gorgeous Triangles I just used Faber Castle Big Pen Marker to color them in,  I have to say I just love the shapes and I have ordered some of these in cork too.

.                        

Here is a little close up of the Triangles - I just love the texture they give the canvas


Finally added my photo and some White Ink spats over the canvas, and my canvas was done.


Product used :-

Triangles in MDF, but also available in Cork and Chipboard
Canvas
Double Scoop Gelatos
Faber Castle Big Black Pen
Texture Paste
Diamond Stencil
Black Ink
Stamp
White Ink

Hope you have found some inspiration on how these gorgeous triangles can be used with mixed media as well.


TFL & Happy Scrapping





1 comment: