Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Falling Leaves




There are unlimited ways to be unique with your wood, cork, or chipboard!  I could sit all day, going through my paints, inks, mica flakes, colored lacquers, colored pencils, pastels, and so much more!

Above are leaves I created using different techniques and materials.  So fun playing and deciding what to do to add texture and dimension.  I will keep these leaves handy for art coming up!


Used for this project is mainly the large leaves.  The leaves also come in a small size.


Also used a butterfly from the mini cut outs as an accent.





This leaf background can be painted, inked, or used with alcohol markers.  I distressed the leaf and used Distressed ink to stamp a light background to look subliminal.  Then I used StazOn to add a darker stamped image.  The blending of both looks cool and adds dimension.  The butterfly is also stamped and beads on wire wrapped around.



The second leaf is colored in a dull green, browns, and copper.  I used a fine line embossing pen (Available at your local craft, stamp, or scrapbook store.) to draw leaves and color patchy areas for shadows.  The embossing powder I used is "Antiquities," it is more of a textured type embossing powder and not slick.



After painting the background and shading, I found bits and pieces of rhinestones in an orange-coppery color and added some glitter to the edges.







The last leaf is designed using USArtQuest's Prills.  Prills are delightful little soft bead material with many sizes and colors mixed in each jar.  I used Perfect Paper Adhesive and a little scoop spoon to add the Prills after adding the adhesive.    I might have to try this for a Christmas project with a ULD ornament and use many colors.  It looks really cool in different shades.

Be watching to see what I do with these leaves!!!


Sneak peek at a design I created for next month for another DT.  See how wonderful ULD leaves work for any project.  These are the smaller leaves.


Check your stash and see what textures and materials you can add to your ULD art!


Cre8tivelea Yours - Lea




4 comments: