Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Altered Art Project!

Hello crafters!
Rachelle here so excited to share with you an altered art project using 
This is a fun and very detailed project.
Let's get started!


Altered Birdhouse Art

{Step 1}

I started with this cute little house I picked up from the
 thrift store for $.75 cents.
Then I applied acrylic pant on the entire house.

I first measured the front, sides, and roof then created template pieces.  I used the pieces to trace and cut out using the selected cardstock. Next, I cutout measured pieces for the roof and then paper punched each. Then I layered each piece on the roof using tacky glue and allow drying time.
{Step 2}
Now it's time for all those pearls. I used a dots of tacky glue and allowed to settle. Then I applied the pearls.
Whole pearls were best to simply pop on. Allow to dry and start the other side of the roof. Once dried I applied cardstock to the remainder of the house.
I created the base using the ATC's. Painted and hot glued together. Then I paper punched cardstock edges to created a short fence. 

{Step 3}

Now it's time for the embellishments which is the fun part. I used a
Prima gate and resin pieces, lace and adhesive pearls. Then I applied flower clusters in the front and roof.

I used my acrylic brick stamp for the sides. I love the brick look.

{Step 4}

I applied greenery, the cherry blossoms, and flourish on the back of the house. I left enough room to place the bird. The bird I used before had been painted, inked, and drawn small lines. Then popped on a wiggle eye. Next, it was time to apply the curly tree and nest.


Here you can see where I applied the brick stamp.

{Step 5}


 Almost done. I applied light paint and attached the wooden word, pearl rhinestone button, and one little rhinestone.
All finished!
I so loved the finished project and the beautiful wood cutouts.
Here are the cutouts used:

Well that's it for now! Remember to stop by
for all your wood project needs. They have a fantastic inventory of wood laser engraved products.
See ya soon!


2 comments:

  1. Absolutely dreamy! LOVE all the little details! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! This is just gorgeous! I can't believe you put each pearl on the roof. That's is awesome! I love how you used the corner piece! So elegant! :)

    ReplyDelete