Friday, August 29, 2014

A Tweet Housewarming Gift

Hello Unique Laser Design Friends!

Katy here, and I have a fun project for you today!  This is a fantastic cut-out that comes in 3 sizes.  I used the larger one.  It is God Bless Our House--item number W-3035L.



The hardest part is trying to decorate it.  There are so many colors and paints!  So I decided to use some glitter!  Here is the finished wall hanging.


I painted the whole thing with gesso.  Then I used the Kiwi Fruit (yellow) embossing powder on the bird.  I applied Glossy Accents to the roof and house.  First I did the house and put the Melissa Frances gold glass glitter on the house.  Then I add the glossy accents to the roof and put the black soot distress glitter on that.


I painted the words with chipped sapphire distress paint.  But with just that it looked plain.  So I outlined letters with the white Faber Castell pen.  Then I coated it with Antiquities frosted crystal embossing powder.  In this picture you can see the texture better:


Then I hot glued a coke pop top to the back of the house so that it could be hung up.  Wouldn't this make a great house warming gift?  It's unique and can be personalized.  Plus it fits on the cute little wall in the kitchen! ;)

Thank you for stopping by today!  Make sure you stay up to date with our Facebook Page.  And we are on Pinterest too!:)  And if you are ready to go shopping, you can stop by the Unique Laser Designs Online Store.  :)






1 comment:

  1. This came out great, Katy ! Love the look of the paint/pen/embossing powder on the words. And of course the little googly eyes on the bird. lol

    ReplyDelete