Monday, July 7, 2014

Embellished Chipboard Album

Good morning and welcome to a new week of inspiration using Unique Laser Designs wood embellishments.  This week I actually have two projects to share with you, so let's get started.



This is an altered chipboard book, each and every page is made of chipboard. It was totally awesome working on this cover and it only took a few items to create such an embellished cover.  


Here's a closer view of the Border Swirl I used, I love the look of the bronze embossing powder on the wood. TIP: If you cover this wooden swirl fully with bronze or gold embossing powder, it will take on a metal look.


I absolutely love the dimension and textural effect of using wood embellishing.

Next, I created a LO using minimal embellishments because I really wanted the two wooden embellishments to stand out.



I absolutely LOVE this wooden border. I really wanted it to help pick up the colors of the leaves and trees from the picture.  I used gesso to cover the entire piece, then began adding my spray mist.  Once dried, I used a script stamp to add a more textured look.


Isn't this feather adorbs? I just can't get enough of using them, so here I created a gold dipped look to the feather. I love that stand alone look of the feather...ok ok, I just love feathers and this wooden feather fits the bill.

Products used:



No comments:

Post a Comment