Tuesday, July 22, 2014

A trip back in time

Let me take you on a little field trip back in time.  Isn't it just natural to want to use these wood pieces in a layout about George Washington's home of  Mount Vernon?


                   
 the curly tree, the large Polaroid frame, and the picket fence 


I used Tim Holtz Distress Stains (walnut for the tree, wild honey for the fence, and picket fence for the Polaroid frame) to color these wood shapes from Unique Laser Designs.  This method of coloring maintains the natural beauty of the wood without covering it up.  I added some red bling to complete my cherry tree, but then I really didn't feel like I needed to add anything else.  This was such a simple time in history, I didn't want to add too much.

This layout design is very loosely based on one I saw in the most recent Close to My Heart catalog.  I added my own style with the wood embellishments and surprise---my version has a lot more photos! My versions ALWAYS have a lot more photos.  

One of my favorite things about using Unique Laser Designs products on scrapbook pages is their thin-ness.  I really don't like bulky scrapbook pages, and even layered on top of each other as in this layout, I'm still easily able to slide the page into a clear protective sleeve.

So, I took my ULD shapes way back in time...where are you going to take yours?



No comments:

Post a Comment