Monday, June 16, 2014

Simple Canvas Wall Decor

Good morning, and welcome to a new week of Unique Laser Designs inspiration.

The project I'm sharing with you today is so very simple, but will pack a punch once placed on your wall.  Being that my home is currently being painted, I will have to wait to hang this on the wall.  However, it will be placed on my entryway family picture wall.


Now, I will admit this design was much more wonderful in my mind.  Once I finished I started thinking of other things I could have done to enhance it. As you know it's hard to go without multiple layers.


To create this canvas I used ULD's Celtic Cross and two different gold embossing powders. First I gave the canvas a good coat of gesso.  This should always be done before painting, this secures an even coat of paint, plus it keeps your paint from soaking through.  It also prevents you from having to waste paint by adding coat after coat.  I used black soot distressed paint to cover my canvas, then I began my stamping.



ULD's wood embellishments takes on embossing powders so very well, no primer is ever needed. I stamped all sides of the canvas and used a more raised gold embossing powder for the lettering, to make them stand out a bit more.  The gold embossing powder on the cross is more shimmery than the raised embossing powder.

As simple looking as this canvas may be, I think it will pack just the right punch in the center of my picture wall.  I hope you have been inspired to create your own personal wall art.

Have a fantastic week!

2 comments: