Thursday, June 12, 2014

It's summer...time for a new banner


In my never-ending effort to have a year-ful of seasonal decorations (all hand-made by me), I am finally feeling like it is time to recognize summer.  My last day of school is tomorrow and I am THRILLED--ready for some relaxation and a whole lot of nothin'.

So, to celebrate...I used these banner shapes from Unique Laser Designs.  I covered them with patterned paper and added burlap letters, a vellum die-cut doily shape, and more wood summer shapes all from Unique Laser Designs.  



I colored the shapes (the cute bee, flowers, stars, ladybug, and watering can) with Copic markers.  I LOVE how the natural color of the wood softens the colors from the markers so that you get a subtle intensity.

For these daisies below, I covered them in white ink and then dipped them in UTEE a couple times to get an extra-thick shine.  I added clear buttons and white twine and I think they just scream SUMMER!


So, what are you screaming now that summer is finally arriving?
How about, "Can I have more crafty time please?!"

Don't forget, Unique Laser Designs is looking for their next design team---it could include YOU!
Check out the info HERE


2 comments:

  1. Love this banner-and love what you did with those flowers! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH MY Wow!!!...Love this banner Kelly!!...awesome job!!

    ReplyDelete