Saturday, June 7, 2014

I Love Art!

Hi there crafters!
Rachelle here sharing my latest
 I so enjoy creating these projects and this time I used a mixed media style.


Take a look!
 "I Love Art."

Since I love painting I used a basic paint pallet for this project.
First, I placed strips of tissue paper on the pallet and then painted white.
Next, I added a brick design using a stencil and homemade texture paste.
It does the same thing as mod podge and gesso just less expensive.

Homemade Smooth Texture Paste
by

Gabrielle Pollacco

One of my fave designers

1/4 cup Talcum Powder (I used Johnson's Baby Powder, Make it smell good too!!)
1 tablespoon White All purpose School Glue
1 tablespoon White Craft Paint
Some Water 
 Instructions:  Combine talcum powder, glue, white paint with disposable chopsticks (or plastic spoon) in an airtight container, adding water to get it to the consistency you are looking for.  You want a nice thick texture much like toothpaste.  The mixture will keep perfectly for many months.
It works!!!!!

 More Views:

 I painted the paint brushes and applied them then let dry.
Then I applied the various colors.
Next came the embellishments.


I then painted the letters and applied them to the board along with various
journaling.


 Lastly I applied the ULD paint splats.
There you have you have it!!!!

I hope you have been inspired today. Don't forget you can get
the wood products and more from

Thanks for stopping by today.
See Ya Soon!!!






2 comments:

  1. Rachelle...as always...simply WONDERFUL!!!....and thanks so much for the "science experiement tute" for texture paste...definitely going to try!

    ReplyDelete