Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Vase Accents

Hello!  Katy here to show you that you can use your Unique Laser Design pieces to make beautiful accents for your vases.


First I covered my vases with jute and butcher's twine.  (The one on the left is jute, right butcher's twine).  I used got glue and general craft glue to adhere each layer of fiber.  I bought my vases at garage sales (50 cents each-Sweet!)  You can use any shape vase you like for this.  You can use old flower vases or old wine bottles, for example.


When I first saw this lock and key, I knew I wanted to hang it.  So when I started on this projects-I was inspired and excited!  I used silver embossing powder for the key and fired brick distress ink and water for the lock.  The designs are so pretty on the lock, so I wanted to use something that would enhance and not take hide those lines.


For the gears (set B) I used copper, platinum, and gold embossing powder.  I glued them to each other using Fabri-Tac glue (not to the vase).  


Here's each vase separately.


I used a ball chain for each of the accents to go on.  It's nice so you can decide how far down you want your accent to hang.


Sometimes it's hard for me to tell how big (or small) things are online.  So just to give these vases some perspective--they measure about 7 and 1/2 inches tall.


Thank you so much for visiting today!  Connect with us on Pinterest and Facebook too!


1 comment:

  1. SUPER cute idea Katy!!...and GREAT tute too!!..love the lock...and of course the gears are too cool!

    ReplyDelete