Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Hearts and roses

Hi, Unique Laser Designs fans!

It is Maya here today, with my first post for Unique Laser Designs!

First few words about me.


I live in New Jersey with my husband and our three kids. Before than we lived 10 years in Wisconsin.  I love everything scrapbooking and paper related. I scrapbook from 2005 and blog from 2007 here, in my tiny corner of the web. Stop by to say hi :) I am very excited to be on the very first Unique Laser Designs Design Team!

Today I will share a spring card featuring the beautiful rose design. When I first saw it I immediately thought about stained glass and that's the look I decided to go for.


I adhered the naked shape to watercolor paper and used Faber-Castell gelatos as watercolors to color inside the flower. When everything was dry I cut off the excess paper with a craft knife. I painted the flower itself with gelatos without adding any water - just colored the wood and smudged well with my fingers.

I covered the flower with a thin layer of Faber-Castell glaze to add a little shine.


To make the card I used one of the 4x6 cards from Dear Lizzy Project Life mini kit. I added kraft mat and trimmed the front of the card to fit the narrow Project Life card. (Instead of the standard 5"x6.5" size the front of the card is 4.5"x6.5")

I added border sticker to the inside of the card from the matching Dear Lizzy paper pad. Few more flag stickers, small ULD heart covered with Faber-Castell glaze and three pink glitter gems finished the card.

You can find the shapes that I used and many more on Unique Laser Designs website. And don't forget about our April challenge! Find more info right here.

--Maya

1 comment:

  1. Maya..This is WONDERFUL!....love using gelatos with ULD!...awesome card! <3

    ReplyDelete