Thursday, April 3, 2014

Easter Wishes

Hey there Unique Laser Designs fans and fans to be! It's Kisha here with my very first post that I'm super excited to share.  Easter will soon be among us and I figured what better time to share what I created using ULD's wooden eggs.


These cards were so much fun to create and as simple as the design ended up being, the look of them are just as lovely as a heavily embellished card.  I colored each egg by first giving them each a coat of gesso to guarantee a vibrant coat of color.  After drying the gesso, I began using various spray mist to color each egg and the final step was to add some clear embossing powder to give it all a shiny look.


This card I love so very much! To give this egg (or any of the designs) the multi color, just cover each section with cardstock to protect the area you don't want to color.  Then continue this process until you have achieved the look you're trying to achieve.


The blue egg shown here was still a bit to similar to the other eggs I distressed, so I decided to add a bit of stickles to make it stand out a little more.  And all the same this card will work well as a masculine card.


And for my final card I just had to add some pearls, this egg was screaming for pearls and it turned out so pretty.  There are so many different ways to create using these eggs, and they are not just for Easter.  They can very easily be used for baby shower invites/cards, expectant mother cards and kitchen decor.  Just step outside of that box and let your imagination run wild.

The products used on my projects can be found at Unique Laser Designs store under wood cutouts.

Until next time...Keep on creating!


Kisha

2 comments:

  1. Just gorgeous, I love those little eggs they are super cute

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kisha...these cards are absolutely BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEuTiful!!!!....awesome creativity!

    ReplyDelete