Monday, April 14, 2014

Easter Candle Ring

I am super excited to bring you my first project as an official member of the Unique Laser Designs Design Team. And boy oh boy do I have a fun project for you.  How about an adorable candle ring with lots of bunnies and Easter eggs.

So let's get moving, and I'll show you how it was made.


I went through my stash of embossing powders and pulled out all the fun spring colors.  All but one piece on this candle ring was heat embossed.


 For this egg,I embossed the entire egg in a pastel purple, the added a layer of embossing glitter around the edges.


As you can see, I love to add glitter and bling to my projects.  It's a rare day that I make a project that doesn't have shine and shimmer on it somewhere. :)


The rabbits were also embossed.  For these guys, I added several layers of embossing since I wanted a bit more texture.


To finish the rabbits, I added a bit of Smooch ink to the nose, a crystal to the center of the flower, then a pom-pom to make a super cute fuzzy tail.


This is the one piece that is not embossed.  I simply inked up this adorable bunny with spray ink, then with a layer of shimmery ink.


Now it's time to start adding on the finishing pieces.  Each egg was decorated differently, some with flowers, some with crystals, some with buttons.


As for the bunny, I simply adhered a small butterfly. Then, it's simply a matter of attaching the pieces together.  I used a hot glue gun and simply attached all the pieces together in a ring shape.


How cute is this? A perfect way to create a centerpiece for your table.


One word on safety...the pieces are made of wood which are highly flammable.  If you are using a candle with a flame, be sure to remove the candle ring while burning the candle.


If you're using a flameless candle, then there's really no need to remove the ring while the candle is lit.




1 comment:

  1. ooooooooooooooooo...lovelovelove the pretty eggs!!....and how many different products you can use on ULD!!

    ReplyDelete