Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Altered suitcase

Hello! This is Maya here and today I will share a cute project featuring Unique Laser Designs Rose deco frame. This design is so pretty that I thought it will look great as an embellishment for a box cover.

I found small paper suitcase at Target. The suitcase itself was green and the cover was kraft.

I glued the frame to the suitcase cover using a strong adhesive. I actually like this naked look as well but I decided to go one step further. I painted the cover using acrylic spray paint in lilac.

I than colored the rim of the suitcase cover with Faber-Castell big brush marker in manganese violet. I used the same marker to color the butterfly. To add a little shine I misted the butterfly with deep plum Glimmer Mist.

I pulled out my purple bling box and added pearls, jewels and acrylic rain dots.

Here it is - all ready to hide fun treasures or to be given as a gift to someone special.

Don't forget to join us in April challenge. It is so easy and you don't have to own Unique Laser Designs products to participate.


No comments:

Post a Comment